Posts for tag: veneers
Is your smile as attractive as it could be? Often smile issues aren't caused by major problems but by small flaws and imperfections in your teeth. Your cosmetic dentist in DeSoto and Dallas, TX, Dr. Solarin, can help you perfect your smile with veneers.
Veneers conceal cosmetic problems
Veneers are designed to keep flaws in your teeth out of sight. The tooth-shaped shells are attached to the fronts of teeth only and hide a multitude of imperfections. The restorations are made of porcelain and are just about as thin as a contact lens.
Have you been avoiding improving your smile because you assumed that it would involve complicated dental procedures? Very little preparation is needed for veneers, and the process doesn't involve any major structural changes to your teeth. In fact, during your first veneer appointment at the DeSoto or Dallas dental office, your dentist only needs to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel to ensure a perfect fit for your restorations.
Veneers are an excellent option if you want to:
- Forget About Minor Damage and Flaws: Once your veneers are in place, you may soon forget that you ever had chips, cracks, pits or bumps on your teeth.
- Get Rid of Annoying Gaps: Would you be happier with your smile if you didn't have any gaps between your teeth? Veneers offer a simple way to conceal slight gaps.
- Completely Transform a Tooth: An oddly shaped tooth can ruin the symmetry of your smile. Orthodontic treatment isn't always needed if you only have one or two twisted or crooked teeth. After veneers are added, those teeth will blend in with your smile perfectly.
- Make a Short Tooth Longer: Veneers can also be used to length teeth, whether they've always been a little short or have become shorter due to wear and tear or nighttime grinding. (If grinding is the cause of your problem, your dentist may recommend that you wear a nightguard to protect your veneers.)
- Improve the Shade of Your Teeth: Dental veneers hide discolored teeth and can also be used to whiten your entire smile.
Revitalize your smile with veneers. Schedule an appointment with your Desoto and Dallas, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Solarin, by calling (972) 274-9300 for the DeSoto office or (214) 374-7100 for the Dallas office.
Your dentist in DeSoto and Dallas, TX, knows patients want to have better-looking smiles. For that reason, Dr. Saheed Lawal-Solarin may suggest dental veneers.
What are veneers?
Veneers are used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they're damaged.
What can veneers fix?
Here are some things veneers can help with:
- Stained teeth or discolored, due to poor hygiene, drinking coffee and tea, smoking, chewing tobacco or medications.
- Mishappened teeth: crooked, worn or chipped teeth, irregularly shaped teeth, uneven surfaces and uneven spacing.
When you come into either the DeSoto or Dallas office your doctor will examine your teeth and assess whether veneers are right for you. If they are a good option, then any underlying issues, like cavities, will need to be resolved first.
What involves a dental veneer procedure?
Your dentist will take a model of your teeth that will be sent to a lab where a custom set of veneers matching the color of your teeth will be made for you.
When your veneers finally arrive, your dentist will remove some enamel from the surface of your teeth then cement the veneers. Because your dentist removes some enamel, which is an irreversible process, and because veneers are made out of thin porcelain or plastic, you won't feel like your teeth are protruding. On the contrary, they will feel smooth, even and properly aligned with the rest of your teeth.
What are the advantages of veneers?
Aside from concealing the faults mentioned above, veneers have an impressive color stability which makes them highly resistant to staining.
How do you take care of your veneers?
Brush twice a day and floss at least once before bed to prevent plaque buildup of plaque.
Need a consultation?
For more information on veneers, contact your dentists in DeSoto and Dallas, TX, by calling today! Dr. Saheed Lawal-Solarin will be more than happy to help you with your dental needs!
Imagine how it would feel to finally be able to smile with confidence while taking pictures and in social settings after just a couple of visits to the dentist’s office. Well, that can happen with dental veneers. Veneers can literally transform your smile and improve the overall appearance of your face when you smile. Learn the basics about veneers so that you can discuss this treatment in detail with your cosmetic dentist Dr. Saheed Lawal-Solarin at Lantern Dental in Desoto, TX.
All About Veneers
Veneers cover up aged, discolored or damaged teeth so that when you smile your teeth look new, younger and brighter. Veneers are very thin, wafer-like pieces of porcelain or composite resin material that successfully hide tooth imperfections. They’re bonded to the surfaces of your front teeth so that your smile is white, straight and perfectly shaped.
Cosmetic Problems that Veneers Can Fix
There is a wide array of dental imperfections that your Desoto, TX cosmetic dentist can cover up with veneers. They include but are not limited to:
- tiny teeth (smaller than the rest)
- brown or yellowed teeth that don’t respond to whitening products
- chipped or cracked teeth
- jagged or stray teeth (sometimes called a “snaggletooth” smile)
The Veneer Placement Procedure
The first step of the veneer placement procedure is to remove a small amount of enamel from the front of the tooth. The amount of enamel that has to be removed is relatively small compared to what is required of a crown—usually less than 1 mm. Next, an impression is taken so that a veneer can be custom-designed. When ready, the veneer is bonded to the front of the tooth and will stay in place for as many as twenty years.
Transform Your Smile
If you feel that it's time for a transformation this year, why not start with your teeth? Call your cosmetic dentist Dr. Saheed Lawal-Solarin at Lantern Dental in Desoto, TX at 972-274-9300 today.