Posts for category: Dental Procedures
We offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services to help you achieve the smile you have always wanted. A variety of procedures are available for correcting different types of cosmetic problems, such as an oddly shaped tooth or a gummy smile. The skilled cosmetic dentists at Lantern Dental in DeSoto, TX, can recommend specific services for improving problem teeth and giving you the smile of your dreams.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
You can enjoy a complete smile makeover with the right cosmetic dentistry procedures. In addition to correcting a wide range of issues and giving you a flawless smile, another benefit of cosmetic dentistry is increased confidence. Many patients report feeling more confident with their new and improved smile. Some even find themselves smiling more often and the same can be true for you. Our cosmetic dentistry services can benefit you by addressing the following issues:
- A chipped tooth
- A cracked tooth
- Crooked teeth
- Teeth that are crowded together
- Excess spacing between teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Oddly-shaped teeth
- A gummy smile
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
A wide range of cosmetic dentistry services is available at our dental practice in DeSoto, TX. Our cosmetic dentist can recommend the right procedure or procedures to help you achieve the smile you desire. Some of our services include:
- Bonding — A procedure for repairing teeth with cracks or chipped areas.
- Cosmetic Fillings — Discrete tooth-colored dental fillings for restoring teeth affected by decay, with the added benefit of blending in with the natural tooth.
- Veneers — Thin laminate covers bonded to the front surface of teeth to create a flawless look by concealing imperfections, such as cracks, stains, or discolorations.
- Teeth Whitening — A treatment for brightening dull teeth, lifting away stains and discolorations, and whitening your smile by several shades.
- Contouring and Reshaping — A procedure for creating a more pleasing shape and appearance for teeth that are oddly shaped.
- Dental Crowns — Hollow protective tooth-like caps that fit over problem teeth and conceal imperfections.
- Dental Implants — A long-term tooth-replacement option that restores your smile by filling in the gaps caused by tooth loss.
Cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve the smile you have always wanted. To learn more about our cosmetic dentistry services, schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist by calling Lantern Dental in DeSoto, TX, at (972) 274-9300. Appointments are also available at our office in Dallas by calling (214) 374-7100.
Dental implants offer an excellent way to replace your lost teeth without sacrificing biting power. If you live in the Dallas or DeSoto, TX, areas, Dr. Solarin of Lantern Dental Clinic can help you improve your smile with innovative implants.
Why should I consider dental implants?
Desoto dental implants are different than other restoration options. While other methods only replace the visible parts of teeth, called the crowns, implants also restore missing roots.
Implants are tiny posts made of titanium that are added to your jawbone during the first step of the implant process. Soon after, the posts begin to fuse to your jawbone. This step ensures that your new roots are securely attached to your jawbone, just like your natural tooth roots. Your implants become a permanent part of your jawbone and will probably never need to be replaced.
After dental implants bond fully to your jawbone, they're attached to dental crowns that replace the tops of your teeth.
Restoring your lost teeth with Desoto dental implants offers a few important benefits for people in DeSota and Dallas, including:
- Ability to Eat a Range of Foods: You'll experience a decrease in your biting power if your teeth aren't firmly rooted in your jawbone. Thanks to your new titanium roots, you'll be able to easily bite, tear, grind and chew foods, even if they're hard, tough or sticky.
- Better Health: Eating foods from all of the food groups is essential to good health. Unfortunately, you may decide to eat primarily soft foods if chewing has become too difficult due to tooth loss. Your improved chewing ability will allow you to receive the vitamins and nutrients you need to stay healthy.
- Stronger Jawbone: Changes may happen to your jawbone soon after tooth loss. Without stimulation from tooth roots, the bone begins to shrink during a process called resorption. As the bone shrinks, your teeth may loosen and fall out. Replacing your natural roots with implants helps prevent resorption from occurring.
- Improved Appearance: In addition to filling noticeable gaps in your smile, implants also help you avoid facial sagging, a problem that can occur due to jawbone resorption.
Upgrade your smile with Desoto dental implants! Schedule an appointment with Dr. Solarin of Lantern Dental Clinic by calling (972) 274-9300 for the DeSoto, TX, office, or (214) 374-7100 for the Dallas, TX, office.
Is your smile as attractive as it could be? Often smile issues aren't caused by major problems but by small flaws and imperfections in your teeth. Your cosmetic dentist in DeSoto and Dallas, TX, Dr. Solarin, can help you perfect your smile with veneers.
Veneers conceal cosmetic problems
Veneers are designed to keep flaws in your teeth out of sight. The tooth-shaped shells are attached to the fronts of teeth only and hide a multitude of imperfections. The restorations are made of porcelain and are just about as thin as a contact lens.
Have you been avoiding improving your smile because you assumed that it would involve complicated dental procedures? Very little preparation is needed for veneers, and the process doesn't involve any major structural changes to your teeth. In fact, during your first veneer appointment at the DeSoto or Dallas dental office, your dentist only needs to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel to ensure a perfect fit for your restorations.
Veneers are an excellent option if you want to:
- Forget About Minor Damage and Flaws: Once your veneers are in place, you may soon forget that you ever had chips, cracks, pits or bumps on your teeth.
- Get Rid of Annoying Gaps: Would you be happier with your smile if you didn't have any gaps between your teeth? Veneers offer a simple way to conceal slight gaps.
- Completely Transform a Tooth: An oddly shaped tooth can ruin the symmetry of your smile. Orthodontic treatment isn't always needed if you only have one or two twisted or crooked teeth. After veneers are added, those teeth will blend in with your smile perfectly.
- Make a Short Tooth Longer: Veneers can also be used to length teeth, whether they've always been a little short or have become shorter due to wear and tear or nighttime grinding. (If grinding is the cause of your problem, your dentist may recommend that you wear a nightguard to protect your veneers.)
- Improve the Shade of Your Teeth: Dental veneers hide discolored teeth and can also be used to whiten your entire smile.
Revitalize your smile with veneers. Schedule an appointment with your Desoto and Dallas, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Solarin, by calling (972) 274-9300 for the DeSoto office or (214) 374-7100 for the Dallas office.
People undergo cosmetic dentistry procedures for a number of reasons. For instance, you might be perfectly happy with your smile, only to have an accident or sports injury that damages or completely knocks out a tooth. In another scenario, maybe that daily cup of coffee has started to add up to a dull smile with stained and discolored teeth. Whatever the reason, there are a number of options available from your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Saheed Lawal-Solarin. With offices in DeSoto and Dallas, TX, Dr. Lawal-Solarinto can help you get the smile you want—read on to learn more!
Cosmetic Dentistry from our DeSoto and Dallas, TX, offices
Cosmetic dentistry procedures are available to change the size, shape, and color of damaged teeth, close gaps/spaces, and to replace missing teeth. Available cosmetic dental services include:
- Teeth whitening treatments
- Dental veneers
- Cosmetic contouring
- Crowns and bridges
- Dental implants
- Tooth colored fillings
In many cases, a cosmetic dental procedure will overlap with a general dentistry treatment and improve your smile as well as your oral and even your general health, such as with tooth decay and gum disease treatments.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Most people will need some type of cosmetic dental improvements over time. After all, the aging process alone increases the risk of common problems like stains and discolorations due to the thinning of the enamel layer. Additionally, abrasive products like over-the-counter whitening treatments as well as certain dental conditions can both increase discolorations.
Fortunately, repairing or replacing damaged or missing teeth can improve your oral health and nutrition, while simultaneously raising your self-esteem, confidence, and, ultimately, your quality of life.
Find a Cosmetic Dentist in DeSoto and Dallas, TX
For more information about the smile repair and cosmetic dentistry treatment options that are available to you, contact Lantern Dental today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Lawal-Solarin by calling (972) 274-9300 for DeSoto or (214) 374-7100 for Dallas.
Find out how implants in DeSoto, TX, can replace your missing teeth for life.
If you are an adult who is missing at least one tooth and you are concerned that dentures or other tooth replacement options won’t provide you with the strong, reliable bite that you need to feel confident speaking to colleagues or enjoying your favorite foods then you may want to consider getting dental implants from our DeSoto, TX, restorative dentist Dr. Solarin. Many adults are turning to dental implants to replace one or more teeth because they are the closest you can get to a real tooth.
Prevent Bone Loss
A complication of tooth loss is bone loss, which occurs over time and affects not just the health of your jawbone but also alters your facial structure. While other tooth replacements may fill gaps and give you a full smile again they won’t be able to prevent bone loss. The only tooth replacement that can actually stimulate the jawbone like real tooth roots and prevent bone deterioration are dental implants.
Enjoy a Lifelong Solution
While it can be much quicker and easier to get dentures or a dental bridge to replace several or even an entire arch of missing teeth these aren’t permanent solutions. Alternatively, once an implant is placed and it fuses together with the jawbone then the implant is meant to last several decades. They also aren’t prone to decay like natural teeth are.
Fully Restored Bite
One reason patients aren’t completely satisfied with dentures is that they can sometimes shift or move around when chewing or speaking, which can be embarrassing. Fortunately, since dental implants are an extension of the jawbone it means that they won’t move around. They will function and feel just like a real tooth so you can feel fully confident eating any foods you want or giving that important speech in front your boss.
A High Success Rate
Another reason so many adults are turning to dental implants to treat their tooth loss is because they have an extremely high success rate. As long as you are healthy and the implant successfully fuses together with the jawbone the success rate of an implant is up to 98 percent. Plus, the long-term success rate of a dental implant is approximately 90-95 percent.
If you are living with tooth loss in DeSoto or Dallas, TX, then it’s time to call Lantern Dental today to schedule a consultation. Find out if you are the ideal candidate for dental implants.