We offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry services to help you achieve the smile you have always wanted. A variety of procedures are available for correcting different types of cosmetic problems, such as an oddly shaped tooth or a gummy smile. The skilled cosmetic dentists at Lantern Dental in DeSoto, TX, can recommend specific services for improving problem teeth and giving you the smile of your dreams.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
You can enjoy a complete smile makeover with the right cosmetic dentistry procedures. In addition to correcting a wide range of issues and giving you a flawless smile, another benefit of cosmetic dentistry is increased confidence. Many patients report feeling more confident with their new and improved smile. Some even find themselves smiling more often and the same can be true for you. Our cosmetic dentistry services can benefit you by addressing the following issues:
- A chipped tooth
- A cracked tooth
- Crooked teeth
- Teeth that are crowded together
- Excess spacing between teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Oddly-shaped teeth
- A gummy smile
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
A wide range of cosmetic dentistry services is available at our dental practice in DeSoto, TX. Our cosmetic dentist can recommend the right procedure or procedures to help you achieve the smile you desire. Some of our services include:
- Bonding — A procedure for repairing teeth with cracks or chipped areas.
- Cosmetic Fillings — Discrete tooth-colored dental fillings for restoring teeth affected by decay, with the added benefit of blending in with the natural tooth.
- Veneers — Thin laminate covers bonded to the front surface of teeth to create a flawless look by concealing imperfections, such as cracks, stains, or discolorations.
- Teeth Whitening — A treatment for brightening dull teeth, lifting away stains and discolorations, and whitening your smile by several shades.
- Contouring and Reshaping — A procedure for creating a more pleasing shape and appearance for teeth that are oddly shaped.
- Dental Crowns — Hollow protective tooth-like caps that fit over problem teeth and conceal imperfections.
- Dental Implants — A long-term tooth-replacement option that restores your smile by filling in the gaps caused by tooth loss.
Cosmetic dentistry can help you achieve the smile you have always wanted. To learn more about our cosmetic dentistry services, schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist by calling Lantern Dental in DeSoto, TX, at (972) 274-9300. Appointments are also available at our office in Dallas by calling (214) 374-7100.
Dental implants offer an excellent way to replace your lost teeth without sacrificing biting power. If you live in the Dallas or DeSoto, TX, areas, Dr. Solarin of Lantern Dental Clinic can help you improve your smile with innovative implants.
Why should I consider dental implants?
Desoto dental implants are different than other restoration options. While other methods only replace the visible parts of teeth, called the crowns, implants also restore missing roots.
Implants are tiny posts made of titanium that are added to your jawbone during the first step of the implant process. Soon after, the posts begin to fuse to your jawbone. This step ensures that your new roots are securely attached to your jawbone, just like your natural tooth roots. Your implants become a permanent part of your jawbone and will probably never need to be replaced.
After dental implants bond fully to your jawbone, they're attached to dental crowns that replace the tops of your teeth.
Restoring your lost teeth with Desoto dental implants offers a few important benefits for people in DeSota and Dallas, including:
- Ability to Eat a Range of Foods: You'll experience a decrease in your biting power if your teeth aren't firmly rooted in your jawbone. Thanks to your new titanium roots, you'll be able to easily bite, tear, grind and chew foods, even if they're hard, tough or sticky.
- Better Health: Eating foods from all of the food groups is essential to good health. Unfortunately, you may decide to eat primarily soft foods if chewing has become too difficult due to tooth loss. Your improved chewing ability will allow you to receive the vitamins and nutrients you need to stay healthy.
- Stronger Jawbone: Changes may happen to your jawbone soon after tooth loss. Without stimulation from tooth roots, the bone begins to shrink during a process called resorption. As the bone shrinks, your teeth may loosen and fall out. Replacing your natural roots with implants helps prevent resorption from occurring.
- Improved Appearance: In addition to filling noticeable gaps in your smile, implants also help you avoid facial sagging, a problem that can occur due to jawbone resorption.
Upgrade your smile with Desoto dental implants! Schedule an appointment with Dr. Solarin of Lantern Dental Clinic by calling (972) 274-9300 for the DeSoto, TX, office, or (214) 374-7100 for the Dallas, TX, office.
Do you know what dental issues require emergency treatment? Knowing when to call your Dallas and DeSoto dentist, Dr. Solarin of Lantern Dental Clinic, can help protect your smile in the event of a dental emergency. If you experience any of these issues, don't hesitate to call.
Knocked out or loose tooth
Minutes matter if your tooth has been knocked out. If you arrive at the Dallas or DeSoto dental office within an hour or so after your accident, your dentist may be able to re-implant your tooth.
Before you make the trip to the office, rinse your tooth and place it back in the socket if you can. If it doesn't fit, place the tooth between your cheek or gum or put in a closed container covered by your saliva or milk.
It's also important to make a dental emergency call if an accident or blow to the face loosens a tooth. Gently move the tooth back into place if possible if it has shifted.
Blows to the face, car accidents and other types of trauma may break teeth, causing considerable pain.
If you can find the broken pieces of your teeth, put them in a resealable plastic bag with a damp paper towel. In some cases, it may be possible to reattach the broken parts of your teeth.
Call the dentist immediately if you experience cuts to your mouth, tongue, lips or face. Press a clean cloth against the lacerations to slow the bleeding.
A dental abscess occurs due to a bacterial infection in your tooth pulp. The abscess can cause severe, throbbing pain in your tooth and jaw. Abscesses can jeopardize your general health if bacteria enter your bloodstream and circulate throughout your body.
In addition to pain, the signs and symptoms of abscesses include swollen lymph glands, fever, gum swelling, pus on your gum, or a bump on the gum surrounding the tooth.
Prompt treatment is essential if you have a dental emergency. Call your dentist in Dallas and DeSoto, TX, Dr. Solarin of Lantern Dental Clinic to schedule your emergency appointment. Dial (972) 274-9300 for the DeSota office and (214) 374-7100 for the Dallas office.
Is your smile as attractive as it could be? Often smile issues aren't caused by major problems but by small flaws and imperfections in your teeth. Your cosmetic dentist in DeSoto and Dallas, TX, Dr. Solarin, can help you perfect your smile with veneers.
Veneers conceal cosmetic problems
Veneers are designed to keep flaws in your teeth out of sight. The tooth-shaped shells are attached to the fronts of teeth only and hide a multitude of imperfections. The restorations are made of porcelain and are just about as thin as a contact lens.
Have you been avoiding improving your smile because you assumed that it would involve complicated dental procedures? Very little preparation is needed for veneers, and the process doesn't involve any major structural changes to your teeth. In fact, during your first veneer appointment at the DeSoto or Dallas dental office, your dentist only needs to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel to ensure a perfect fit for your restorations.
Veneers are an excellent option if you want to:
- Forget About Minor Damage and Flaws: Once your veneers are in place, you may soon forget that you ever had chips, cracks, pits or bumps on your teeth.
- Get Rid of Annoying Gaps: Would you be happier with your smile if you didn't have any gaps between your teeth? Veneers offer a simple way to conceal slight gaps.
- Completely Transform a Tooth: An oddly shaped tooth can ruin the symmetry of your smile. Orthodontic treatment isn't always needed if you only have one or two twisted or crooked teeth. After veneers are added, those teeth will blend in with your smile perfectly.
- Make a Short Tooth Longer: Veneers can also be used to length teeth, whether they've always been a little short or have become shorter due to wear and tear or nighttime grinding. (If grinding is the cause of your problem, your dentist may recommend that you wear a nightguard to protect your veneers.)
- Improve the Shade of Your Teeth: Dental veneers hide discolored teeth and can also be used to whiten your entire smile.
Revitalize your smile with veneers. Schedule an appointment with your Desoto and Dallas, TX, cosmetic dentist, Dr. Solarin, by calling (972) 274-9300 for the DeSoto office or (214) 374-7100 for the Dallas office.
Allow us to help you if a dental emergency arises in DeSoto. Whether it's a chipped or knocked out tooth, lost filling, or bad toothache, Lantern Dental will restore your oral health. Dr. Solarin and his team know what you need and deliver it quickly and compassionately. Learn more about dental emergencies and what you can do.
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is a condition that requires immediate attention. It may involve bleeding, pain, loss of tooth structure or a combination of all three and more.
If such a situation arises for you or a loved one, would you know what to do? Our best advice is to call Dr. Solarin's office in DeSoto or Dallas. He or a staff member will give you first aid advice for your dental emergency and a same-day appointment if required.
In general, a dental emergency impacts both oral and systemic health, personal appearance and oral function. Examples include:
- Fractured or dislocated jaw
- Fractured tooth or restoration
- Lost or broken denture
- Knocked out, or avulsed, tooth
- Dental abscess with pain, drainage and other symptoms of infection
What you can do immediately
Emergencies require quick action and calm thinking. Here are some fast interventions which can stabilize your condition, relieve pain and swelling and hopefully preserve as much oral structure and function as possible.
If you knock out or break a tooth, put the tooth back in the empty socket roots-down. Hold it in place until you get to Lantern Dental. If this is not possible, place the tooth in a sealed container with water, milk or tooth preservative. An avulsed tooth can survive if your emergency dentist in Desoto replants it within an 30 minutes of injury, says the American Association of Endodontists.
You could have a dental abscess. Take over the counter ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain. Apply a warm compress to your jaw, and call the office for an appointment.
Cracked tooth or restoration
Save the pieces in a sealed container, and take them to Dr. Solarin. He may use composite resin to repair the tooth or consider a dental crown or porcelain veneer as needed.
Finally, take care of your oral health
See Dr. Solarin and his team every six months for a cleaning and check-up to ward off potential problems. Also, protect your teeth and lips with a mouth guard during contact sports. Avoid hard and sticky foods, and never use your teeth to open packages or bottles.
Never hesitate to call
At Lantern Dental, we are here to help you whatever your oral health need may be. We have two offices to serve you. For the DeSoto, TX, location, phone (972) 274-9300. Call the Dallas, TX, office at (214) 374-7100.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.